Amenities & Services
THE LUSTINE CENTER
The former car dealership was renovated and repurposed in 2007 as part of the EYA development of the community. It now serves as the Arts District Hyattsville community center. The glass enclosed facility has a number of uses and hosts several events - private and community - throughout the year.
- Lounge: Includes a bar with kitchen facilities, TV with cable, couches, chairs, tables, a pool table and a foosball table.
- Playroom: A fun family space for small children to relax and play.
- Boardroom: Meeting space with large board table that seats up to 10, complete with lending library and local resource table.
Located in the Lustine Center and updated in 2018, the gym has treadmills, ellipticals, a rowing machine, a recumbent bike, and several pieces of weight and resistance equipment. There are lockers and showers available in the restrooms.
The Arts District pool is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Passes are required. Pool hours are:
Monday-Thursday 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday - Sunday 11:00am - 8:00pm
Holidays follow weekend schedule
There are plenty of outdoor spaces to enjoy the neighborhood. Dotted throughout the community are several beautifully landscaped pocket parks and courtyards (maintained by the East and West HOA’s).
- Two playgrounds - fenced in, there is one on each side of the community.
- A large field - the perfect spot to have a soccer game, play with the kids or even fly a kite.
- Picnic Area - Outfitted with two park grills and picnic tables, this spot near the pool is perfect for grilling and enjoying the outdoors.
- Trolley Trail - The hiker/biker trail, also called the Trolley Trail for its path along the old DC trolley line, is a great spot for a run, walk or bike ride. The path connects you to College Park and the Anacostia Heritage Trails.
The ADH Shuttle operates Monday-Friday during morning and afternoon rush hours. It runs a circuit between the community and Prince George's Plaza Metro (Green Line). A daily commuter pass is required.